Wolf & Badger is a fast growing and innovative multi-channel retail business with teams in London and New York that has exciting and ambitious plans for the next stages of development on its bespoke ecommerce platform.
We are currently seeking a motivated and creative back-end developer with Python/Django expertise to help us maintain and build new interesting features for our online marketplace. The role includes a combination of greenfield development and maintenance/modernisation of our existing codebase.
Operates an industry leading platform and app that caters for events and training around the world with the option to also make bespoke systems upon request.
The team has a nice new office, close to transport links and a great team-orientated working environment plus other perks.
What is expected from you:
Obviously, an active interest in Python programming for software development is a must when applying for this role and any project work you have done / samples of your code (maybe a GitHub account) should also be submitted with your CV.
Ideal candidates will have a drive to learn more about the technologies that they are working with and a desire to continually add to their personal skill set. You will also need to have excellent communication skills and be confident in your ability to have a creative input in the team.
We focus our efforts in continuously improve the way we work, aiming for a good infrastructure that allows us to focus on what really matters: shipping and delivering good code!
- Experience programming with Python and Django
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Confident in Unix based software i.e. Linux, Debian or OSX
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/jQuery and Jinja templates
- Dev-ops tools i.e. Docker or Kubernetes
- Asynchronous tasks with Celery/Redis
- CI/CD experience (CodeShip, CircleCI, Travis,...)
- Experience with TDD & AGILE (SCRUM/Kanban) methodologies
- Experience working with Apache or NGINX
- Automation test experience (the team use Selenium with Python script)
- Degree in a relevant subject i.e. Computer Science
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Creative work environment within Coal Drops Yard, Kings Cross
- Flexible working hours, with a mix of in-house and remote work possible
- 25 days in addition to bank holidays
- Paid pet-ernity and heartbreak leave
- Discounts on cafe, restaurant and retail at Wolf & Badger
- Excellent career opportunities in a rapidly growing international business